November 6, 2017 by unclespike218
Let’s do a fun, mindless blog quiz, kids! It’s been too long.
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times. Any and all of the Harry Potters. Yes, I’m one of those people.
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. Yipes. I’m trying to remember when that even last happened! Uh, sorry. Can’t answer this one.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie. Maybe Russell Crowe or Sean Astin.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie. I would normally say Matthew McConaghey, as I feel he is utter sleaze. And yet…Magic Mike. And Dallas Buyers Club. And Dazed and Confused. No question, this guy is talented, so I’ll go fish.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from. The Devil Wears Prada. Yup. Gay cred intact.
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. The Sound of Music.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. For edification? Well, then…Longtime Companion.
9. Name a movie that you own. Xanadu. Proudly.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Um…Dolly Parton, maybe? Except she hasn’t surprised me. She’s just that good all around.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? YES. The Fox and the Hound, back when Disney movies weren’t afraid to not just tug at heartstrings of poor defenseless kids, but cruelly rip them to shreds. (Exception: major hat tip to Toy Story 3.) I was okay, but my younger brother was traumatized, he was crying so hard.
12. Ever made out in a movie? Nope. How boring of me. How vanilla.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it. Kung Fu Panda.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? Well, I’ve stopped a movie out of disgust. Nine Months. This instilled in me an utter hatred of Hugh Grant, who to this day…hey! I have an answer to #4 above!
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Les Miserables. When Anne Hathaway as the ghost of Fantine enters the scene behind Hugh Jackman’s dying Valjean, I UGLY CRIED. Still will.
16. Popcorn? Sure. But more likely candy, in which case Hot Tamales and Milk Duds.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Maybe one every four months.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? Wonder Woman, I think.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Let’s do this Platonically, shall we? Not horror, not action/drama combination. Wacky is good. Songs are fine. Comedy is good. Beyond that…?
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? Possibly The Muppet Movie.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? Grease.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? The Blob, the 1988-or-so version.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? Um…I guess Airplane.